Thursday, October 6, 2011

Two Advertisements for a Rhetorical Analysis

The two advertisements I chose are for perfume by Georgio Armani they are from the same collection, one is for men and one is for women.
Beyonce - Emporio Armani Diamonds

  • Features a celebrity- Beyonce Knowles
  • She is alone
  • She is singing, holding a microphone stand with microphone
  • Two lights shining in the background
  • Also in the background something that looks like a blown up image of the perfume bottle
  • Her hair is blowing like it's windy
  • She is wearing a strapless sparkly dress that stops mid-thigh
  • She is standing with her legs apart
  • The background is black
  • The advertisement is in black and white
  • Beyonce is on the right side
  • Logo is in the middle left
  • Perfume bottle is in the bottom left
  • Perfume bottle resembles a diamond
  • Beyonce appears to be looking down at viewer


  • Also features a celebrity- Josh Hartnett
  • The advertisement is in black and white
  • Other people in the ad
  • Top half of body is shown
  • Wearing a suit
  • Suit jacket is open
  • Shirt is unbuttoned on the top
  • Tie is loosened
  • Josh is smiling and staring directly at viewer
  • Logo and perfume are in the bottom right corner
  • There is a man to Josh's left in a suit wearing sunglasses
  • Hands to his left, one above, and to his right reaching towards him or reaching out
  • Woman to his right looking at him, mouth open 
  • She is grabbing him, holding onto his shirt
  • Someone else seems to be grabbing her
In choosing my two advertisements I wanted two that were the same brand. I wanted to compare the same brand in different advertisements. To find two with different audiences I thought about different locations and gender. I thought perfume would be good in finding different gender based audiences. I could simply pick on for men or women. I found the ads seperately in my search for two and decided they would work well since they are so similar. A big difference between the two would be that the female advertisement shows Beyonce alone. She is beautiful and famous and she uses this perfume. The male one features a celebrity that is not as well known as Beyonce. He is surrounded by people who are all eager to see and touch him. The people featured are young, good looking and famous. They are the face of this product and the audience associates this product with these qualities.



No comments:

Post a Comment