Monday, September 26, 2011

The Pleasures of Eating Prompt #3

1. A student could try growing an indoor herb garden also they could compost their leftover food scraps.
2. A student could definitely cook if they had a kitchen, if not they could prepare their foods instead of buying something pre-made like a sandwich or salad. 
3. Buy local food at the store and pay attention to labels and packaging that indicate the origin.
4. Buy food at a farmer's market where you know the food is local and you can talk to the people directly who produced the food.
5. Do research online and look at food labels to find out what is in them.
6. Research farming and gardening online
7. Research the life histories of food species.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you mentioned food labels, because I forgot about them myself and it is a good idea. I think that it is important to know where your food is coming from, but also how the product was treated beforehand. These are all very applicable actions for college students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your revised comments, because they're way more simple than Berry made them, and they apply directly to college students. You wrote about things we can actually do here at USC instead of just general suggestions!

    ReplyDelete